Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Student Fitness (Inactive)

Although everyone likes the thought of being healthy, not everyone is taking advantage of the opportunity.

Michigan State University students understand the importance of exercising but some just can't seem to find the time and are 'inactive' in a sense.

According to Samantha Danbert, a PhD student in exercise physiology said, "exercise can be any planned movement that lasts for at least 10 minutes. Things like walking to and from the car, walking the dog, etc., can all be considered exercise.

Teri Wilcox, a senior majoring in journalism said, “when I wasn’t working out on a regular basis, it was because I was just lazy. I didn’t want to take extra time to work out and I had no motivation.”

“Now, when I work out, I feel good afterwards which makes me want to keep going and to push myself,” Wilcox said.

Even though everyone isn’t always able to set aside time specifically for specific workouts, there are still people living productive lives.

Tonal Simmons, a senior majoring in Spanish who also spends most of her time working and studying said, "being active is important for me to be healthy, but at the same time I can't find any time to exercise because I am running around doing a million things.”

No comments:

Post a Comment